Established 2016 (Los Angeles)
Market (formerly Chinatown Market) was founded by Mike Cherman in 2016. The Parson's School of Design dropout-turned-Nike-customizer (Nike 255 Studio) conceptualized his brand from childhood memories of NYC's Canal Street (Chinatown) - an area known for bootleg designer items.
The brand's ideology is based on responsiveness and imitability. Market's agile design approach follows a tight schedule: create graphics in the morning, list online in the afternoon, and produce orders the same night.
The brand has collaborated with a range of brands including: Nike, Puma, Li-Ning, Lacoste, and END (retailer). Market rebranded from Chinatown Market in Spring 2021 - following the surge in hate crimes against Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI).
- Market Cleaning Service Tee$45.00
- Market Margins Hoodie "fern"$120.00
- Market Ultralight Bear Hoodie$110.00
- Market Margins Hoodie "ecru"$120.00
- Market Smiley Gothic Tee$50.00
- Market Paint Dept Hoodie$110.00
- Market World Tour Tee$45.00
- Market Expedition Tee$45.00
- Market Peaked Jacket$180.00
- Market All Purpose Tee$45.00
- Market Smiley Balaclava$50.00
- Market Smiley Soft Part Tee$50.00
- Market Smiley Reflect Hoodie$110.00
- Market Smiley Basketball$85.00
- Market Bear Tee 3-Pack$80.00
- Market Smiley Quiet Time Tee$50.00
- Market Smiley Tee 3-Pack$80.00
- Market Beware Crying Crewneck "black"
Regular price$90.00Sale price$60.00
- Market Rug Dealer Arc Tee "acorn"
Regular price$50.00Sale price$35.00